Cimicidae or bed bugs (sometimes bedbugs), are small parasitic insects. The most common type is Cimex lectularius- species that prefer to feed on human blood
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BEDBUGS
- The typical life span of a bed bug is about 12 to 18 months. Almost impossible to kill in one treatment.
- Bed bugs are able to live for several months without feeding on a host. The will live in wall voids, head boards, screw holes, unwashed underwear and mirror backs.
- Female bed bugs can lay up to 300 eggs over their lifetime.
- Bed bugs eggs hatch within 2 weeks and takes about another 3 to 10 weeks to reach maturity depending upon the temperature and availability of food.
- It may take three treatments and throwing out everything, furniture, clothes, stuffed toys, beds) in the room to get a hold on the problem.
- Bed bugs are not known to carry disease but their bites can cause allergic reactions in some people.
Signs you can look for when searching for bed bugs:
- Blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases.
- Dark or rusty spots of bedbug excrement on sheets and mattresses, bed clothes, and walls.
- Bedbug fecal spots, egg shells, or shed skins in areas where bedbugs hide.
- An offensive, musty odor from the bugs’ scent glands.
WHY DO I HAVE BEDBUGS?
* Bed Bugs and its eggs that “hitchhiked in” on pets, clothing and luggage.
* Infested items were brought in.
* Nearby dwellings if there are easy routes (through duct work or false ceilings).
* Wild animals (such as bats or birds).
* People visiting from a source of infestation which were transferred by clothing, luggage, or a person’s body.
HOW WE TREAT & ELIMINATE BED BUGS
Inspection: Bed bugs hide in many tiny places, so inspections must be done and very thorough.
Pre-Treatment preparation: Advice and/or assist in preparing the treatment areas by removing and clearing clutter and areas where bedbugs have been found to be hiding. Advise of bagging clothing and infested materials.
Vacuum: We along baseboards, nearby furniture, bed stands, rails etc to remove bed bugs and their eggs
Treatment: We treat using appropriate pesticides from dusts to liquid solutions and sprays applied to bedbugs hiding areas leaving residuals to control future infestation. We may also apply heat treatment if necessary.
Click to book for a bedbug service or call 07044405763